Freeze-dried bovine glandulars with L-tyrosine and iodine
- The hypothalamus gland releases thyrotropin-releasing hormone, which stimulates the pituitary to release thyroid-stimulating hormone, causing the thyroid to release thyroxin and triiodothyronine.
- The amino acid, L-tyrosine, is a precursor of thyroxine (T4), the hormone secreted by the thyroid gland.
- L-tyrosine has been researched in connection with potential moodelevating properties.
- L-tyrosine is a precursor of norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter that suppresses appetite.
- L-tyrosine stimulates the release of Human Growth Hormone, which increases the combustion of body fat and the production of muscle tissue.
- Trace elements known to be important for normal thyroid hormone production and metabolism include iodine, manganese, zinc and copper.