Standardized herbal extract
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum, Ocimum gratisimum) is a newly available botanical medicine from the Ayurvedic tradition of India.
- Tulsi is an adaptogenic herb, meaning that it supports normalization of physical, chemical, or bioligical stress.
- Animal research finding benefits to physical endurance and performance has led to human clinical trials demonstrating Tulsi to be an effective treatment of chronic fatigue.
- Animal research demonstrating blood sugar stabilization has led to human clinical trials finding Tulsi reduces serum glucose, lipids, and glycated proteins.
- Anti-asthmatic effects found in animal research has led to human clinical trials research has led to human clinical trials wherein Tulsi improved pulmonary function, eosinophil counts, and frequency of spasmodic attacks.
- Human studies have also demonstrated immune-enhancing anti-arthritic and anti-ulcer effects of Tulsi.