For targeted seasonal protection, NK Cell Activator™ contains an enzymatically modified rice bran shown to be a potent immune modulator. NK Cell Activator™ supports the activity of natural killer (NK) cells — crucial components of your immune system.
Benefits at a Glance
- Supports the activity of natural killer cells
- Protects against seasonal immune challenges
- Enzymatically modified rice bran is a potent immune modulator
- Boosts “functional” activity of natural killer cells to support your immune system
Supports the Activity of Natural Killer Cells
Natural killer (NK) cells function as the body’s first responders.1 As soon as NK cells sense a potential invasion, they are on the scene to initiate immune protection. Natural killer cells promote seasonal support for the body’s natural defense system.
In addition, functional NK cells recognize and eliminate senescent cells that accumulate in aged tissues and create metabolic disturbances. As we age, natural killer cell activity markedly declines2 with a concurrent weakening of normal immune functions.3
Protection against Seasonal Immune Challenges
Rice bran exposed to shitake-derived enzymes produces powerful immune modulating compounds. Enzymatically modified rice bran effectively boosts the functional activity of natural killer cells.
In one clinical study, scientists documented a three-fold increase of natural killer cell activity in healthy individuals within three to four weeks of receiving 500 mg daily of the rice bran compound found in NK Cell Activator™.4
In another double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, researchers noted that subjects taking the modified rice bran found in NK Cell Activator™ experienced a boost in myeloid dendritic cells — cells that act as key messengers between the innate and the adaptive immune systems.5
Real-world Immune Support
NK cells normally provide your body’s first, immediate response to previously unknown immune challenges. Since NK cell function declines with age, we should consider taking special steps during the winter season to fill in this critical component of healthy immune function.
Studies show that enzymatically modified rice bran rapidly and significantly boosts aging NK cell “functional” activity, with real-world immune support and protection from the effects of seasonal immune challenges.
- Curr Opin Virol. 2011 Dec;1(6):497-512.
- Clin Exp Immunol. 1987 May;68(2):340-7.
- Immunol Res. 1999;20(2):109-15.
- Daiwa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. NK Cell Immunomodulatory Function by Modified Arabinoxylan Rice bran (MGN-3/Biobran) at Low Concentration (500 mg/day = 7 mg/kg/day). Unpublished Study 2012.
- Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2013 Mar;62(3):437-45.