Supports Prostate Health
Published studies suggest that a remarkably high percentage of men will endure some form of prostate-induced discomfort over the course of their lifetimes.1, 2 Decades of research3, 4 substantiate saw palmetto as the gold standard in natural prostate support.
The saw palmetto berry (Serenoa repens) is rich in bioactive, high-molecular weight compounds including beta-sitosterol. It has been shown to interfere with DHT activity in the prostate, inhibit alpha-adrenergic receptor activity (to support normal urinary flow), and help regulate inflammatory actions in the prostate gland.5-7
This saw palmetto extract has been standardized to contain 85% free fatty acids and sterols. It also contains beta-sitosterol, boron, and rosemary leaf extract.
- Nat Clin Pract Urol. Oct 2008;5(10):540-549.
- MMW Fortschr Med. 2002 Apr 18;144(16):33-6.
- J Urol. 2008. 179(6):2119-25.
- JAMA. 1998 Nov 11;280(18):1604-9.
- Curr Opin Urol. 2005 Jan;15(1):45-8.
- Am J Chin Med. 2004;32(3):331-8.
- Public Health Nutr. 2000 Dec;3(4A):459-72.