You watch your diet and exercise, yet your blood sugar levels can still rise as you age. And to counteract the problem you have to deal with a number of issues. Now you can effectively address this issue with a multi-pronged approach. Tri Sugar Shield® provides three plant-derived nutrients (sorghum bran extract, white mulberry leaf extract, and phloridzin) that work together to provide optimal support for healthy glucose metabolism.
Benefits at a Glance
- Supports the natural balance of key glucose pathways
- Balances the rate of sugar manufacture in the liver (gluconeogenesis)
- Promotes insulin sensitivity
- Inhibits glucose absorption by decreasing the activity of sugar digesting enzymes
- Diminishes glucose reabsorption from the kidneys
Supports the natural balance of key glucose pathways
Blood sugar levels can rise due to a number of factors including excess gluconeogenesis whereby the liver produces glucose from protein.1-3 Another issue is the rapid conversion of any starch, including whole grains, into glucose.4, 5 The result is that even health-conscious people can experience higher-than-desired blood sugar levels as they age.
Tri Sugar Shield® is a unique formulation that improves glucose metabolism through several different pathways, including balancing the rate of sugar manufacture in the liver, 6 promoting insulin sensitivity, 7, 8 decreasing the activity of sugar digesting enzymes in the gut, 9-11 and by targeting carrier proteins in the kidney that diminishes glucose reabsorption into the circulation.12-15
Sorghum Bran Extract Modulates Four Mechanisms
Sorghum has long been cultivated in Asia (and now is grown in Africa, India, China, Australia, and the USA) and helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, among those in the normal range, by modulating four different mechanisms:
- Balances the rate of sugar manufacture in the liver (gluconeogenesis).6
- Promotes insulin sensitivity.7
- Regulates PPAR-gamma, a metabolic thermostat supporting glucose metabolism. 7, 16, 17
- Regulates the enzyme alpha-amylase, which in turn maintains the release of sugar found in starch.9, 18, 19
Mulberry Leaf Extract Controls Three Mechanisms
Mulberry leaf has been used in Chinese traditional medicine for centuries. Mulberry leaf extract targets three different mechanisms:
- Targets the alpha-glucosidase enzyme to regulate conversion of starch into glucose.10, 11, 20, 21
- Supports glucose transporter GLUT4 that moves glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle and liver cells.12, 22
- Promotes insulin sensitivity.8
Phloridzin Impacts Kidney Reabsorption of Sugar
Phloridzin is a natural polyphenol found predominantly in apples.23 Phloridzin helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, among those in the normal range by:
- Targeting carrier protein SGLT1, in turn helping to block the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream.13, 24
- Targeting carrier protein SGLT2, in turn supporting glucose elimination via urine.14, 15
By targeting all of these diverse glucose pathways, Tri Sugar Shield® delivers broad-spectrum support to help naturally stabilize already healthy glucose levels.
- Croat Med J. 2006 October; 47(5): 709-13.
- Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2011 Mar;81(2-3):101-7.
- PLoS One. 2013;8(1):e54011.
- J Biol Chem. 2001 Sep 21;276(38):36000-7.
- J Nutr. 1995 Jun;125(6):1430-7.
- Nutr Metab (Lond). 2012;9(1):106.
- Nutr Res Pract. 2012 Aug;6(4):322-7.
- J Med Food. 2011 Jul-Aug;14(7-8):799-807.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Sep;84(3):551-5.